Website Jill's Cafe
Your Hometown Cafe
The Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role. Pay rate is $10.33 hourly + tips.
Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. Must be able to perform well in fast-paced environments. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly. This includes bussing all dishes from the tables by the time the customer gets their bill delivered. Processing customer payments at the table, not only for your section but the restaurant as a whole. We do have sections for seating that each waitress/waiter is responsible for, although the staff is required to work as a team to process bills, deliver food and clear dishes.
Keep in mind that Waiter/Waitress duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
ESSENTIAL Responsibilities / Duties:
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients and potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, placemats and silverware
- Inform customers about daily specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with lead waitress during pre-shift to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system/POS
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Food safety training is a plus
WORK SCHEDULE: Our hours are 6am-2pm Monday-Sunday. Must show up on time for all required shifts and be dependable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There is a substantial amount of time required to be on your feet during the day while in the kitchen.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to frequently lift-up to 10 lbs., occasionally lift-up to 25 lbs., and to rarely lift-up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist and squat in order to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while performing job functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements
- Ability to work on a POS System computer
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org